Cura, a 3D printer slicing software by Ultimaker has seen some nice changes. The Ultimaker2 3D printer has seen some improvements as well as the new Cura 15.01 comes with a new firmware version 15.01. Among the details added in Cura is the visual of the metal clippings that hold the glass bed in place :P. Thats important. Anyway, here is a list of important changes in the firmware:
- The pause at height functionality is now well implemented with a chance to change printing material while at it.
- The temperature display jitter is gone!
Cura is cool now because:
- There is a single layer view
- Quick print profile
- Fixed problems with ‘PauseAtHeight’ plugin
- New TweakAtZ 4.0 plugin
- Added top/bottom speed setting
- Improved handling of large 3D models, supports Ultimaker 2Go and Ultimaker 2Extended models (I dont care, I dont have those)
- Among other listed thigs
Problems am having
- Just that the model ‘normal’ view in Cura is now messed up, not as smooth as it was before
- Toolpath to SD icon doesn’t work, but file->save Gcode menu works :).
A nicer workaround is to create a folder and set permissions with
mkidr /home/username/gcode chmod -R 777 /home/username/gcode
and setting that folder as the replication folder in File->preferences
Cura Version 15.02.1 is out and solves the problems above.